Tuesday, July 6, 2010

$3.95 + tax...

Any more $3.95 doesn't go very far... but today I got my moneys worth and so much more. Mom and I stopped at a flea market in town... it's been a very hard past few days for us and I'll leave it at that. Anyway... we stopped there on the way to the Library and our Aunts house...

I found a The Far Side book for $3.95... we needed a laugh or three I thought, something to just chase away the jiggling insides, mind going places, etc... For that small sum I go more than just the $3.95 and tax... I heard a laugh from someone I love and a smile, something that has been gone for so long it seems. Which in my book is worth so much more...

Someday things will not be so stressful and hard... this I keep telling myself. The only thing that is keeping me on this side of sanity is sewing and all the Quilt Bees I'm in... for a brief moment in the day I lose myself in the creativity of others and myself when I steal a few moments to just cut strips into various sizes and shapes...

1 comment:

  1. Far Side is a great, weird, humorous look at life. My husband was sad when he quit producing new material. And I know what you mean about enjoying those creative quilting moments. It is a wonderful outlet!

    ReplyDelete