Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yes it's been a few days...

You know how it is... I think it's the blogging funk... or maybe being busy, bad Internet connection (off and on), stressed, tired, you all know the drill.

So I'll catch up in this post:

Sat. 4th of July... decided to make a cake from SCRATCH (what was I thinking) I not only decided to make 1 cake... as NOT to waste the egg yolks I did 2! #1 cake was a Princess cake... cake #2 a Golden Cake. I should have KNOWN things would not go well when...I couldn't find the eggs that were RIGHT in front of my face. Then we had no butter in, no flour, no pecans, no milk... could I find the cream of tarter? NOOOOO ... in the midst of all of this the goats came calling and began to eat the bargin roses I bought. Started in on the cake... and the mixer flings (or womits) junk from the inner most recesses of it into the butter... ARGH had to throw that out and start again... long day short... got the cakes made... finally, the ice cream wouldn't freeze, the chicken was a little on the done side... and well it was a day. Would make the Princess cake again... not the the other...

Sunday... a day OH rest... in all honesty I can't remember what happened other than I watched The Waltons... I've been getting the series along. It's clean and good... it's so nice not to have to watch a so with horrible language, nude people, rude and vulgar people, reality shows... 150 some odd channels and I'm buying things to watch... something is WRONG with this picture.

Monday dawning warmer but chilly also, lost our best milking doe to something... 3 vets three different thoughts of whats wrong. Also had another kid who wasn't feeling well. So I took her to the vets office. They seem to think she had the beginnings of pneumonia, I'll spare you the part of her screaming for 5 miles... thankfully I still have my hearing. :) She seems to be doing very well. Got in a new batch of feed, auger jammed up on "BABY" thankfully B came out and got it going again. Some how an electric fence post insulator got in the feed. Oh the joys of farming...

Tuesday...odd little day was had by all. Mom bush hogged some... I went to town twice, watched Deadliest Catch, it always good to know others have troubles. Worked on pulsators... until 10:30 PM so we can milk this AM. Pray that the one old one keeps working until better times.

Today... well today is wide open. I need to be sewing... there are alot of things I need to be doing... we'll see what happens...

1 comment:

  1. Sorry for youe loss. It is NEVER the bad ones that sicken and die...always the best of them.

    ReplyDelete