Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Good, bad, sad...

Good :

Sold my sewing machine today, FINALLY!!!!! I have entirely to many, so I'm not going to miss it at all, my faithful Bernina is by my side... now if I just knew how to work all the stuff that came with it.

All the calves are back on milk and not sick. YIPPEE SKIPPEE! FYI if your ever in a pinch (like when you forget to run to town for electrolytes),  You can use: 1t. salt, 1t. baking soda, and 1 c. light corn syrup and enough water to make a gallon. works great.. ALSO if you add Power Punch... it's kinda foams and goes wild... I love being a mad scientist. :)

Bad (not really, just very irked):

Am I the ONLY person who uses turn signals anymore? Am I the only one who pays attention to drivers around me and others? Why is it contractor are SOOOOOO much like weasels?

Sad :

We found out today that a dear friend had passed away, and no one even knew. She passed away on Sunday and was buried today and no one even bothered to let us know. It's a shock, and to be honest I'm a little ticked. At least she is in heaven, that we all know. She is with her family, is at peace and for that I'm thankful.

3 comments:

  1. Sorry about your friend, Sara. We had the same thing happen to us - 3 times in one year! Friends, or parents of friends passed away, and nobody bothered to tell us. I guess you have to be part of the "in" group to find these things out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about your friend....
    And thanks for the emergency recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. akaGaGa... Thanks, this is the second time it's happened to us. I just don't get it. It's a hard thing finding out by reading the paper, if we even read that section. What is up with people?!

    threec's... Thanks, I also added some probiotics just to help their little gut's. I'm getting to be an expect on baby calf's gut's and they why's, how's, and the no hope of it sometime. Thankfully not this year! Praise the Lord for small/large things!

    ReplyDelete