Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bitter Sweet...

We have lights in the new house. It was bitter sweet moment. We've only waited 2 years, and then it can the day after the "NEWS". I've turned every light on that's hooked up. I wanted to start singing:

Every light in the house is on
The backyard's bright as the crack of dawn
Thr front walk looks like runway lights
It's kinda like noon in the dead of night
Every light in the house is on

I didn't know whether to cry for joy, or heartache. The microwave works, the refrigerator, stove with a working OVEN. speaking of which, we are supposed to get our new on Monday. Good ole DCP couldn't get us any sooner. I have problems with our propane company. Almost every time I call for propane, they find the need to remind me they have to have a check or they won't deliver. They do it to everyone who doesn't prepay in the summer. Sigh... it just makes a person feel lower than scum. It's so refreshing when I called last week to have them fill the barn tank and the house that I wasn't "REMINDED".

So today I am thankful for people who don't feel it their need to put me or others down. I'm thankful for lights. I'm also thankful that we've only had one person stop to ask where the butcher shop is. Let me tell ya, there are draw backs living so close to one during deer season which started today. I'm also thankful that Uncle Larry got the tractor bucket fixed and back home. I even did a little hauling off of mounds of poo in the dark. BEHOLD the POWER of a bucket on a tractor!!!!!!

Have a good evening all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Lights! An Oven! How exciting, Sara, and just in time for Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete