Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's a beautiful morning...

And there is a little brown dog at my feet looking up at me from under my desk... :-( little brown dogs have such a hard life dontcha know... :) I think he wants to go out an play. While speeding Mennonite are in church it's safe to let him go free. OH to have a fenced in yard.

Today is going to be a day of rest... we all need it around here. This past week has been a long one. Maybe I'll even try to take a nap. Who knows.

I've been reading "Not without my Daughter". We all remember the movie with Sally Fields, right? Well, I finally read the book. It just boggles the mind that there are places and people who are so fanatical about things, and being right, the all about me thing. And to hide behind religion to make it all OK.

Today I'm thankful that I do not have to live in such a country (some times though I wonder how far we are from it). That I've not been beaten, berated, lied to, forced to live in a country I hate and in turn the people hated me and my home country. We truly do take a lot for granted.

3 comments:

  1. One of my good friends always responded with "brown dog" when people asked the breed of her dog. Brown dogs are great. I hear what you're saying on the liberties we have and sometimes look like we're losing one way or another. Thanking God for what we have and hoping it doesn't slide away from us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, give that little, brown dog at your feet a kiss from me - right on the lips☺

    Yes, all too often we don't see the blessing of our wonderful country and the freedoms we take for granted.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peiceful post. I like your blog, so cute. I am follow you. Thnaks for share.

    ReplyDelete