Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Thankful Day 4


"Grass in a tree limb"

Today's Thankful moment is... SIGHT. It's something we use everyday, take for granted, can give us joy, make us cry, it can make us happy, sad, mad, ill...

Our sight, given to us by our Lord and Creator is a wonderful thing.

If we lost it, think of what we would lose besides our vision. We wouldn't be able to see the oddities, such as grass growing in a living tree 10 above the ground. The joy at seeing the the first blossom in Spring (also in my case a ceratin loud mouthed heifer... :).. )

The sorrow at reading of a friends passing and no one bothering to let you know.

The pain that a picture can bring for the slums of countries far away and the children who are suffering there... and then in our own country.

The ability to read and make new friends whom you would never other wise meet.

I am truly thankful for my sight this 4th day of November. While there are a great many things I would rather not see, there are a great many more that I would hate to miss out on!

Until tomorrow...

1 comment:

  1. One of my heroines is Hellen Keller. It always amazes me when I think of what she had accomplished and how remarkable those accomplishments were to affect us even to this day.

    ReplyDelete