Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Another bull...

Sigh... we seem to be on a bull run as of late. As the count stands now... 2 heifers, 5 bulls plus the one I sold. I could weep a little weep but what good would it do?

There are worse things. Like what this fellow dairy farmer and her family are facing. Something I think all dairy farmers are facing at some point. Things have got to turn around and soon. It's too late for a lot of us, but for some of us there is still a small glimmer (about the size of a speck of dust).

Is it to much to ask for a little relief? To much to ask that farmers stop taking the beating to keep this country going? To much to ask that the public learns what is really going on, besides the smoke and lightening act that is going on in government today? Is it?

2 comments:

  1. OMG, Sara, I went and read that poor lady's blog. How terrible. Most farmers are such good people. The work so hard and do so much and so many of them are facing such horrific troubles now. I don't know what to do any more or how to do it..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the same way... I want to help, but I can't even help myself stay above the seemingly perfect storm that all of us are in.

    ReplyDelete