Thursday, August 6, 2009

Been a little while

Yes it's true... I've been a tad bit busy. Canning is in full swing for the moment. Hopefully after today it will slow down a little. It's been a whirlwind of peaches, tomatoes, corn, apricots, and green beans. Canning is truly like farming, a lot of work for a little progress. :)

More green beans on the horizon today. I don't know if my thumbs can take it but so it goes. I'm also dedating on doing the other batch of peaches... OHHH I don't know if I'm up to that today. But we'll see.

Farm wise: Lost the preemie bull calf. :( And no others have yet calved. I'm guessing that it will be a few weeks yet. I had so hoped for calves and milk by now. Just so I could mentally have a break from the stress of it all. Oh well... I will carry on.

I'll try to come up with something more cheerful later on... it's uphill work y'all! :)

2 comments:

  1. Sorry about the preemie. Sometimes they thrive and sometimes there is just nothing you can do. We had a cow calve in the creek last week. She prolapsed and died and the calf was in water up to his nose. We saved him, but I don't think he will make it either. Darned cow was fine at morning milking...not showing a thing. Within a couple of hours it was too late to do anything about it. Sure gets discouraging.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks... it's a comfort to know that I'm not the only one with troubles. :) Not that I would want anyone to have troubles, don't get me wrong.

    Once we had a milking cow (and a good one to boot) not show up for evening milking... died right along the creek. We think it was a snake bit, as she was fine that morning dead by that afternoon. ARGH!!!! Bovines... can't live with em can't live without them! :)

    ReplyDelete