Sunday, August 2, 2009

What to post...

That is the ever looming question. Lately I just can't seem to get in to anything. Whatever I think, it always comes back to the dairy industry or other personal business matters. Sigh... both are maddening and depressing.

I try to laugh (genuinely), smile (genuinely), be in the right frame of mind... (if there is such a thing) sigh sigh sigh... Right now I'm just a depressing person to around. I'm trying to remember the last time I was this out of sorts... must have been oh 2001-2002. Nope I'll not go into that... as it had nothing to do with dairying... that was totally personal matters. All I will say is good riddance to bad rubbish.

Farm wise: well we had a preemie bull calf from a cow we were trying to pull through... both are still alive which is a good thing. I just wish I knew more what to do for the cow. Peewee is about 30 pounds and stands 3" above my knee. I can fit two of his feet in my hand... what a sweetie. The one thing on his side is that he is a HE and will be a little stronger than if he was a little girlie. At least that's been my experience. I had been holding out hope that this cow would have a heifer. She never has had one and of course she is our current best cow. Sadly this will be her last calving (99% sure) and so there for there is no hope for a heifer now.

In the hen house: we got our first heifer (pullet) egg this past week. :)

Goat Eden: Started weaning the little girls and Tempest (or Tempieeeeee as I so shamelessly greet her most mornings when she comes running to see me) Weaning is NOT being taken well by Lily, Violet, and Hyacinthie... and the Tempester doesn't know what's happening yet...

House wise: we have wing walls!!!! sigh...

It's hard to believe it's August already. This year has been the slowest and fastest that I can remember. Also the coolest. For us not to be running the AC full blast is, well... shocking. And that we hardly had to put the water on the cows for the better part of July is not normal. Is anyone else noticing the cooler than normal weather?

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I am having a very hard time being positive about anything. Hope it gets better soon. In the meantime take care..

    ReplyDelete