Saturday, December 19, 2009

It's a Snippy Juniorette

Well our dear sweet Snippy calved yesterday morning... It's a heifer. Yeah I know this really and truly is cause for a celebration. HONEST I'm really happy she had a little heifer creature. After all she's never had one before always little nasty  mean bulls.

So I thought, hoped against hope that if by chance she had a little girly maybe she would be sweet. *shaking head at self*

Yesterday was just one of those days when you would just like everything to go as planned... and if there was a new calf thrown into the mix that they would at least have the decency to take a bottle like a good baby. Sigh... Wasn't to be. I wasn't so shocked that she wouldn't take her first bottle, she was a little cold and low on blood sugar. But I thought at least she would take it last night. HA! I was late getting home and tired by the time I got out there. Thankfully Krissie had the two bottles warming for me and got the goat feed while I hayed the calved and gave Phoenix her bottle.  Fed the goats, and sat down to feed at that time no name Snippy's baby. I put the bottle in the little ones mouth, she rolled her eyes back in her head and had a fit! So I tried again... did the same thing except this time my hand didn't make it out of the way in time... three quick whacks of her back foot landed right below my index finger. It hurt, still does... I'm sensitive y'all!

At least she didn't get my head... so I just tubed her again... And I don't care what sweet Christmasy "S" name mom comes up with... Snippy Jr. is what I will be calling her from now on! She is just like her mother... she even looks like her mother, she is a short tank on hooves! 

Well it's time to get going... Lots of feeding of hay and babies to get done... NO snow yet! :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh, that is so frustrating! Hope she gets the idea soon. Congrats on getting a girl anyhow.

    ReplyDelete